Erasmus Mundus – EDEN scholarships cover the following items:
- 1. Monthly allowance (according to the level of study) – it can only be paid as from the month of arrival and covers each full month of the mobility, based on academic grounds.
Type of mobility Subsistence Undergraduate 1.000 €/month Master 1.000 €/month Doctorate 1.500 €/month Post-Doctorate 1.800 €/month Academic and Administrative Staff 2.500 €/month
- Under no circumstances can these amounts be reduced.
- 2. Insurance (health, travel, accident): up to a maximum of 75 Euro/month of mobility. The Coordinating institution will manage insurance for all EDEN grantees.
- For your information: the minimum requirements for the health and accident insurance coverage set up by the EACEA are available on
- 3. Travel and visa costs (for one economy class round-trip). The Coordinating institution will manage plane tickets for all EDEN grantees.
Distance (km) Maximum amount for travel and visa costs (€) < 500 250 500– 1.000 500 1.000– 1.500 750 1.500 – 2.500 1.000 2.500 – 5.000 1.500 5.000 – 10.000 2.000 > 10.000 2.500
- The maximum amount available for travel costs is based on the direct distance (“as the crow flies”) between:
- - the home university location of the grantee and the host university location(for Target Group 1);
- - the location of origin of the grantee and host university location for (for Target Group 2).
The grantee should arrive and leave the host university on dates as close as possible to those stated mentioned in the Invitation Letter provided by the host university, within a margin of up to seven days before arrival and after departure (e.g. if the dates of the grantee’s mobility are from June 15th to December 15th, the grantee should not arrive at the host university before June 9th and should have left by December 22nd).
Students will continue paying their tuition and/or registration fees in their home university but the host university must apply a fee waiver policy. In order to avoid double imposition of fees, in those cases where the host requires the payment of the registration/tuition fees, the students must not be charged the same fees by the home university. Fees cannot be charged to post-doctorate mobility for research purposes.